Thursday, April 2, 2009

Vintage Children's Patterns

Today's Favorite Vintage Pattern -
Vintage Children's Pattern
Simplicity 5180
Copyright -1960's



I have so many great Vintage Children's Patterns listed at my store - Sassy By Design- that it's hard to choose just one! This dress pattern reminds me of a few dresses that I used to have when I was a young girl. The fashions today just don't compare!
I have six great nieces and one niece that are still small children. I'm amazed and a little shocked by the so called "fashion" that is out there today for little girls. It isn't anything like it was when I was a young. I still remember wearing my patent leather shoes, carrying a matching purse and white gloves out to a restaurant or church.
I came across an article where another mom feels the same about today's fashion for girls. Her article has some great points. She writes : What has happened to all the cute, modest, girly, innocent clothes anymore!? When I walk in the kid's section I'm surrounded by a sea of "Hannah Montana," ugh! I really don't want my girls wearing trashy little mini skirts and blinged out tees with "Secret Pop Star" emblazoned across the front!
To read more of this great article go to : http://kasiesallee.blogspot.com/2009/02/pretty-dresses.html

No comments: