Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Favorite Pattern - "Come Fly the Friendly Skies...well...not really! "


Flying in the 60's was different than flying now. Then, things were more formal than today. The outfits were stylish, the food was definitely better, what am I saying, there was food, now there's not even peanuts because of allergy scares! People dressed up just to fly somewhere. Today, well. blue jeans, t-shirt, flip-flops, your ipod and you're good to go. Well, you could wear a dress sewn from this FAB 60's McCall's Pattern that would rival the dress worn by the lovely Stewardess above. I've always loved the 60's color-blocked dresses. When I listed this vintage McCall's Pattern # 2357 in my Etsy Store, sassybydesign, it reminded me of this photo that I saw the other day on Flickr. I know..it's not exactly the same dress but it's close. I know, I don't have the hat but still a FAB outfit! Click on the photo of the stewardess for more FAB photos from Will Kane's Photostream and on the pattern to see it in my store!
Bookmark and Share

No comments: